Tuesday, May 1, 2012

from every direction



the sky flooded in
from every direction 



and i said
"hey
this is saying something
this is telling me
something
and 
it's not clear
but it's



something about
how life
just flows in
and disappears
and where does it all go?
i mean there's a lotta stuff
and a whole pile of crazy
beautiful
ugly
in-between
unsure of itself
and yet
all mine
living




and just as that all
walked
through me
the sky cleared
and emptied of itself
and the metaphor
walked right off the stage with it
and i went back inside
and made breakfast
for my boy and i

4 comments:

Valerianna said...

OH, I totally love this -" the metaphor
walked right off the stage with it".... what a great musing today, Steven!

R. Burnett Baker said...

Oh so nice. And I interpret it as you, and all of us, are the metaphors for life. Whether that's what you meant, it is significant for me!

Rick

steven said...

valerianna - this sky just whistled in and i whistled back inside for breakfast as soon as it left . . . steven

steven said...

ahhh rick thankyou man!!! steven