Thursday, November 20, 2008

the mysterious explorations of jasper morello


i'm loving short films these days and this one is really gripping. it's one of those films that draws you along, somewhat against your will but you're always glad that you stayed with it. nominated for an academy award in 2005, the story for this film is set in a steampunkish world of dirigibles and steam powered computers, this animated film tells the story of jasper morello, a disgraced aerial navigator who flees his plague-ridden home on a desperate voyage to redeem himself. the accidental discovery of an abandoned dirigible leads jasper through uncharted waters to an island on which lives a terrifying creature that may be the cure for the plague.

the mysterious explorations of jasper morello . . .

2 comments:

Loren said...

Well, you caught me. I'm not too interested in watching an entire movie the size of a postage stamp, but I watched it enough to order it from iTunes so I can watch it on my computer.

steven said...

hi loren, good call! i noticed this morning that in the course of my taking my first-thing-in-the-morning brief glance at my face that my eyes are assuming a more rectangular form. i think i'm watching too many of these little films!!!! i'm glad that you were caught by it!!!
steven