Monday, February 18, 2008

mongolian shoe barbeque


shoes have always been a hot fashion item - not for me - but all around me i know people obsessed with getting the newest and coolest shoe. for me shoes have always been about comfort and a bit about looks. people who have seen my footwear know that looks are not really all that important to me either!

the puma shoe company has an amazing site that will let you design your own shoes - a lot of elements are at your command - for a kid like my dawsonboy this is gold! control of the process and the eventual product is high on the late elementary/ high school boy's mind!

the site is called the mongolian shoe bbq. if that makes no sense at all then cruise over to the site and they'll explain the concept of a mongolian bbq - sort of like a rijstaffel - a buffet of sorts, and then they'll guide you through the construction of some extremely cool footwear that you can order when you reach the end of the assembly line and which they will ship you in 5 - 7 weeks!

go ahead, have some fun and build a shoe!

No comments: