Saturday, October 6, 2007

my brain is like a city

hey it's saturday morning - the sky is all shades of blue-grey . . . . cloudy - a little rain fell in the night and apparently it's going to rain later in the day, maybe even thunder.
here's the evening sky last night:


my brain's been on "skip" for the last three days as it grabs an idea, unfurls it, cross references it, and then discovers it's just another box canyon. i've had tons of ideas, just nothing that settles out into something fruitful and complete. i can always tell when this is happening because my workspace - actual and pixillated - becomes cluttered with images, pieces of paper, folders, and bits of bric-a-brac that i can source to the moment they left my hand or mind but can't be bothered to put in their rightful place.
don't get me wrong, it's actually exciting because all sorts of ideas and insights and wishes and dreams cross my mind and as long as i can grab some part of them and record them or save them i'm good. what happens then is that i cross-pollinate these ideas and bit and pieces and something new or at least interesting comes out of it.
i know that this will pass and a clearer, sharper more defined period of time will arrive where my work makes sense and even the creative energies will flow more smoothly and purposefully. for now it's scurrying, bustling, stop-start, skipping, crazed mayhem! my brain is behaving like a city.

No comments: