Thursday, September 25, 2008

the lady vanishes (1938)

hey, it's movie day!

"the lady vanishes" is based on a novel entitled "the wheel spins" written by british mystery writer ethel lina white and published just two years prior to the making of the film.
a superb cast, a plot that never quits and all put together by the inimitable alfred hitchcock, "the lady vanishes" combines all the best features of a taut well-crafted hitchcock film with comedy, and of course amazing cinematography! if you'd like to know more about the film then drop by screen online where a nice overview with lots of little insights can be read.
i hope that you enjoy, "the lady vanishes" . . .

2 comments:

Goldenrod said...

You got my mind going back through the years with this one, Steven.

Don't think I ever saw Sir Michael in a film, but I have always been a great fan of both of his daughters.

I guess my favorite of Lynn's would be Georgy Girl. Of Vanessa's, Camelot.

steven said...

i've always loved his english public school accent and stiff carriage (body language). i'm saving this one for tonight as i am almost caught up with my marking and prep now!!!!
steven