Saturday, February 11, 2012

guardian

steven aged two and the dog of his life a border collie named "mush"


in my memory you will always follow me and protect me and trust me and love me with your own needs so very unmet and yet somehow you knew to make your way here and lead me through this difficult place with no sense of the rewards that might come your way in this or any other lifetime . . . and i hurt you and cared less of you than myself and then your own end came prematurely and beyond your control
- if endings can ever be either mature or within our control -

and i wonder . . .
i wonder where you returned to and what you are and why
. . . . but i still love you so as you are. . . .
in my heart

9 comments:

Valerianna said...

This brought me to tears for all the animal companions that have traveled with me throughout my life and how open their hearts are. That you remember Mush to this day, he must have been something.....

Reya Mellicker said...

Oh man. I still Jake, as you know. What a beautiful picture!

steven said...

valerianna - it's incredible that so many little creatures pass through our lives and keep on going . . . . steven

steven said...

reya - mannnnnn i remember jake and i never met him but there he was/is - as large as life!!! steven

Kay said...

hi steven,,this was so beautifully touching...i heard a play once that was about a man passing over and waiting for him were all the animals that he had ever owned and loved and he was greeted with such joy by them...that was years ago and i truly believe that it is true, all our friends of fur and feather will be waiting with waggy tails, barks and purrs....xx

steven said...

kay - i'm not sure what happens when i blow this pop stand other than my body is done with . . . . i have a feeling that if i cross paths with the essence of the animals and people who have been significant in my life it'll be in a form i may not recognize physically but as i have experienced . . . perhaps my soul will recognize their soul. steven

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I felt this one, Steven.

Kay said...

exactly!!!...you put it so much better than me....lol..k

Linda Sue said...

Awww This is a post that breaks my heart a little...our animals who put up with us are so dear.