Friday, November 2, 2007

that sight becomes this art

it's friday morning. pitch black outside but for a shimmering of frost. a heavy frost - it's minus four. i need something to warm my heart and spirit and i think i have just the thing.

Drink from this heart now,
for all this loving it contains.
When you look for it again,
it will be dancing in the wind.

     Shaikh Abu Saeed Abil Kheir - "Nobody, Son of Nobody"


In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.

You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,

but sometimes I do, and that
sight becomes this art.

      "The Love Poems Of Rumi" - Deepak Chopra & Fereydoun Kia



During the night I’m embracing Your image.
At dawn the fragrance of flowers rises from my bed.

baba taher


Late, by myself, in the boat of myself,
no light and no land anywhere,
cloudcover thick. I try to stay
just above the surface,
yet I'm already under
and living with the ocean.

rumi translated by coleman barks

No comments: